This Privacy Statement is effective from 22nd May 2018.
1.General Information about us
1.1 This privacy notice applies to all personal information processing activities carried out by Accelerated Payments Limited and any of its subsidiaries including Accelerated Payments Capital Designated Activity Company. Accelerated Payments Limited is a private company limited by shares. Accelerated Payments Limited is a data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business (including the products and services that we provide). Our registered office is 39 Northumberland Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin D04H1F3.
1.2 In this notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” are references to Accelerated Payments Limited and any of its subsidiaries including Accelerated Payments Capital DAC.
1.3 We respect individuals’ rights to privacy and to the protection of personal information and are committed to safeguarding the privacy and security of the information we collect. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how we collect and use personal information in connection with our business. We may update our Privacy Notice from time to time, by communicating such changes to you and publishing the updated Privacy Notice on our website www.acceleratedpayments.com . We would encourage you to visit our website regularly to stay informed of the purposes for which we process your information, your rights to control how we process it and the information we process.
2.Important information about this privacy statement
2.1 This Privacy Statement sets out the basis, on which any personal data you provide to us, or we collect from you through our website(s), our Applications and Services, or our operating partners will be processed by us.
2.2 Definitions are as per Definitions in our terms and conditions set out in our Master Receivables Agreement.
2.3 If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, you should not conduct business with us.
3.Collection of your personal data
3.1 We collect your personal data in order to:
- allow us to provide you with our services;
- monitor, analyse and improve our services;
- prevent money-laundering, fraud & illegal activities, and prosecute offenders;
- allow us to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- comply with legal obligations such as Anti Money Laundering legislation
- How we protect and manage your personal data
4.How we protect and manage your personal data
4.1 We will take appropriate measures to ensure confidentiality of all information, both paper and electronic required for the operation of our business. We will take appropriate steps to protect data stored or transmitted against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, and unauthorised or unlawful storage, processing, access or disclosure.
4.2 We will ensure that your personal data will only be accessed by authorised personnel for legally authorised purposes.
4.3 We will only use personal data in our possession for its intended, specific and authorised purpose.
4.4 Your personal data will be retained and maintained in accordance with applicable Data Protection and Privacy laws and regulations. Upon request by you, we will amend the personal data we hold if factually incorrect or incomplete and provide you with a copy of any personal data held by us.
4.5 All our employees are trained in applicable Data Protection and Privacy legislation and will act with due care and diligence when handling personal data.
5.Third parties and your data
5.1 We will not share your information with anyone outside of Accelerated Payments Limited, Accelerated Payments Capital DAC Limited or any of its subsidiaries except:
- a) where we have your permission;
- b) where required for your product or service;
- c) where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- d) with third parties providing services to us, agents and sub-contractors acting on our behalf, such as the companies which provide treasury and banking services in order to support the services we provide to you;
- e) with debt collection agencies;
- f) with any central credit register, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- g) with third parties or other companies that enable the provision of our service to you (such as credit insurance companies);
- h) where required for the online recording and processing of invoices in order to facilitate the provision of our service to you;
- i) to facilitate the re-organisation, transfer, financial arrangement, sub-participation, asset disposal, including, without limitation, portfolio sales, securitisations or other transactions relating to our business and/or assets held by our business where information may be shared with any relevant third party;
- j) in anonymized form as part of statistics or other aggregated data shared with third parties; or
- k) where permitted by law, it is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party, and it is not in In order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or other agreements;
- l) to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
If you ask us to, we will share information with any third party that provides you with professional services. If you ask a third-party provider to provide you with professional services, you’re allowing that third party to access information relating to the business you conduct with us. We are not responsible for any such third party’s use of your information, which will be governed by their agreement with you and any privacy statement they provide to you.
6.Information we collect from you
6.1 Our customers are predominantly businesses and may include individuals in the case of sole traders. The information we receive and collect from prospective and live customers is strictly related to our customers and the services we provide and execute. The information we collect may include financial and other information. The above information and any contact or enquiry you make will be stored by us in line with our data retention policy.
6.2 When you visit our website(s) or use any of our Applications we collect your IP address and other information such as the domain and host from which you access the internet, the browser and browser version, the operating system, and type of device. We do so in order to administer our services and optimise our websites and Applications for you and to diagnose problems with our website(s) or Applications. We also use the information to assist in the fight against fraudulent or malevolent use of the Account and to ensure a better user experience. We may also employ location services to determine your approximate location for validation purposes.
7.Your personal data rights
7.1 You have a right to the following (unless it conflicts with another legal obligation):
- Seek access to information which we hold about you;
- To ask us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date;
- To erase your personal data unless certain conditions apply including that processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- To restrict the processing of your personal data or to object to such processing;
- To data portability whereby your personal data can be transmitted directly from one controller to another where technically feasible.
- To lodge a complaint with us or with the Data Protection Commissioner. If you wish to raise a complaint in relation to how we handled your personal information, please email us at the email set out below. You have the right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner.
7.2 Any such request should be made to us in writing to: Customer Services, Accelerated payments Limited, 36 Dame Lane, or email email@example.com. You can contact the Data Protection Commissioner at, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, R32 AP23, County Laois, Ireland. Phone +353 (0) 761 104 800; LoCall 1890 25 22 31; email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit www.dataprotection.ie.
8.Retention of your personal data
8.1 Your personal data will be retained for a period of no less than six years from the date you advise you wish to cease conducting business with us or the date of the last transaction, whichever is the later.
8.2 We do not sell or rent your personal data to any third parties for marketing purposes.
9.1 In some cases, we may transfer information about you and your products and services with us to our service providers and other organisations outside the EEA. We will always take steps to ensure that any transfer of information outside of the EEA is carefully managed to protect your privacy rights.
10.Changes to this Privacy Statement
10.1 We continue to review our controls and processes to ensure that they are effective in meeting our commitments to our customers. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement without notice at any time and from time to time, including as needed to comply with the laws and regulations of the jurisdictions within which we operate.